Effectiveness of "Natural" Lice Products 0
Beware of the classic "all-natural" tagline when deciding which lice product to buy for your children!
Not only do most of the natural products on the market lack clinical proof of efficacy, they can also be dangerous. For instance:
- The neurotoxin Pyrethrin is actually derived from chrysanthemum flowers;
- Tea tree oil is toxic if ingested;
- Recent University of Maryland Medical Center research warms against pregnant women and small children being exposed to Eucalyptus oil; and
- Lavender oil can have serious side effects and can spur adverse reactions.
In order to avoid any sort of harm, try LiceGuard's RobiComb! It uses electronic pulses to zap lice on contact, removing the need for any potential toxic ingredients. AND there are clinical studies proving its efficacy at removing lice and eggs!
Beware of Toxic OTC and Prescription Lice Treatments! 0
75% of the lice product market is dominated by "big brand" lice treatment shampoos and ointments that contain Permethrin or Pyrethroids, which are not only pesticides, but also neurotoxins.
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in a 2009 memorandum classificed Permethrin as "likely carcinogenic to humans."
The National Pediculosis Association (NPA), a non-profit group that advocates on head lice issues, has collected over 1,000 reports linking the use of pesticide shampoos to seizures, behavioral problems and leukemia.
What should you do instead to keep your children safe? Use LiceGuard's suite of lice treatment products! They are non-toxic and pesticide free!